Good job Slide Family! There were many talented drivers and everyone was able to progress to the advance layout around the green building!
Tip on Big Entry
There are many ways and styles to drift, the simplest way to drift the big entry is to:
- to start the big entry in 2nd gear
- manji technique (aka scandinavian flick
- flick Left/Right/Left; doing a quick 1,2,3 count on each turn. Many drivers would wait too long in between the turn
- maintain the same speed of about 45mph+. Many drivers let go or add gas during the manji-ing
- during the transition let off the gas which grips the front tires and swings you to the other side.
- I personally stab the gas after the transition and then do about 10-20% throttle to maintain the slide. (Think goldilocks: too much gas will spin you out, too little gas will under-steer or grip up your tires).
- practice makes perfect
Post event stuff
- Photos are up! Wow! They are always so awesome and thanks to Juan for the fast turn around time. Hit up Juan if you want a customized photo session.
- Where to get cheap tires.
- As a beginner just learning to drift, any use tire would do. As you progress, you will eventually want gripper tires (Federal RSR or RSRR) in the fronts and a decent tire (Federal 595) in the rear. Used tires can be found for $20-25 mounted w/o balance.
- M. Perforamance Tires
- 950 Brown St, Santa Ana, CA 92701
- (714) 805-4979
- Andy’s Tires & Wheel
- 3518, 709 W Holt Ave, Pomona, CA 91768
- (909) 622-7773
- Looking for a drift specific shop?
- I’ve been working with Rome for many years. He is competing in Formula Drift Pro2, won TopDrift and Drift League. He is very knowledgeable with drift car setups, builds/fixes cars, does custom cages/door bars/bash bars etc.
- Imagine Garage
- IG: @imaginegarage
Balcony Drift Clinics and the freshbloods! It was great showing the ropes! The event started with a ~2 hr beginner session doing donuts and figure eights. As the drivers improved in skill and confidence, we encouraged the drivers to the advance layout and the big entry!
Tip on Big Entry
The big entry can be challenging. This is one simple way to do the big entry.
1. enter on the top of 2nd gear
2. Manji technique (aka scandinavian flick); turn left toward the apex, then right away from the track, then left again.
3. During the transition let off the gas which grips the front tires and swings you to the other side
4. Apply throttle to continue out of the drift. (think goldilocks: too much gas will spin you out, too little gas will under-steer or grip up your tires).
5. practice makes perfect
Thanks for coming to the last drift clinic! Beginner drivers focused on 3 techniques: clutch kicking, e-brake drift, and feint. The advance drivers honed their drifting skills while tandeming. It was a great day where the atmosphere was about learning and having fun.
Thank you for the continuous support at the 4th annual Black Friday Drift Bash at Grange Motor Circuit! A little fun fact! Slide Factory got started by a group of friends that couldn’t find track days, so we started hosting frequent, and affordable events while focusing on customer service.
We would like to thank the loyal drivers, team members, and partners for the continual support. Without you guys, we wouldn’t be who we are today.
At the event, there were many familiar faces, and many new ones. This is extremely exciting since our mission is to give a platform for drivers to excel in their driving skills and eventually see them progress to Formula Drift! (Rome, we are cheering you on!)
To many more drift events! We have big plans for 2019!
When drones meets drifting. Thanks to everyone that came and made it a special night. Enjoy the video and to many more drift events!